Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blog Urge

My shop! Shielou

After several months of blog silence I finally had the urge to update my blog. ^__^ I've had so many ideas come across my mind since opening Shielou, but I never really had the time to bring those ideas to life until now.

Now, I LOVE Alice In Wonderland, but there's just so many Alices on Etsy that I wanted to be different so I came up with Alex In Wonderland instead. If Alice had a little brother or something, it would be him. Cute, blond and blue eyed. I've also been working on the following paintings since last year. Alex and the White Rabbit are still in progress but I wanted to show you a sneak peek. I've also opened up a Zazzle account where you can purchase my digital artwork on t-shirts, mouse pads, mugs, etc. I plan on selling prints at Shielou as well, but it won't be until summer or fall since I'm still saving up to buy a fab printer. ^__^







Coffin rings!! Now, you are definitely not going to find these ANYWHERE! They're definitely a Shielou exclusive because I made the rings myself. ^__^ These are non adjustable so they're custom fitted, and the sizes are completely different from your typical ring sizes. I go by diameter in millimeters (18mm, 19mm, 20mm) rather than standard ring sizes (size 8, size 9, size 10) because I don't have a ring sizer thingy-a-majig. I know! They're like $5 but I just never got around to purchasing one. -__- I know, bad Shy. Anyway, the actual "coffin" is around 1 1/2, so quite large for most but I think they're the perfect size given all the details on the actual charm. I'm taking customs for these now so please convo me through Etsy for more info, etc. ^__^





When I told Laina about my plans to make sculpture themed shoes there's was silence and confusion. O__o And so I wanted to make it just so I could prove to her that it wasn't such a weird concept. :) I've always found stilettos to be very sexy. Unfortunately, I can't walk in them to save my life. The first one is the Mad Hatter shoe. The tea cups were the most difficult things to make, believe it or not, and using them as part of the shoe's stiletto was even harder. But I really enjoyed making this piece, especially the toast and jam as well as the spilled tea that reminds me more of acid with all the metallic swirls. But I guess it's fitting. ~__^



The second shoe sculpture is of course the White Rabbit shoe. I wanted something a little sexier compared to the Mad Hatter shoe. I love the pink ruffles around the heel as well as the watch and gold chain in the front. It's also a little steampunk with the watch parts and gears but I think it adds a touch of whimsy to the overall piece.



I've always been fascinated with the steampunk movement and after a year of buying steampunk supplies I finally have use for all my accumulated materials, thus Vintage Key Steampunk Guns. Say that 10 times fast. :P Honestly, guns freak me out. They're heavy, they smell funny and they're dangerous. Lucky for me, these ones aren't. ^__^



As I said, I'm taking custom orders now so please send me an email or convo! Will be working and concentrating more on more originals in the future. Questions, concerns? Let me know!!

Always,
Shy

My shop! Shielou

PS: My White Rabbit Stiletto Shoe has just been added to evagirl12's Treasury List. Pretty nifty! ^__^


(Currently obsessing on Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog. Joss Whedon is a genius!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shielou! Just love reading your blog

anna said...

Coach Hobos Bags.Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guys Movado Bold,Baby Carriers I mean I am serious for this, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want,power balance,winter boots,ecco shoesyou can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.Bakugan Toys.coach outlet store.

cottasofia said...

There are many trends this season don't wear bold coolers, metallic’s animal print and retro glamor all at once Thanks.
_____
Murano Glass

mrsam said...

Stephen Pierce Internationalsolar panelI owe it all to you

luckmey said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you're talking about!
cheap louis vuitton belts

wholesale jewelry said...

wholesale fashion jewelry
fashion jewelry wholesale

tasnova said...

OMG!! I am in love with your sculpture...

ugg said...

However, there is another less time consuming true religion outletway to get cheap and trendy baby clothes - by buying them at wholesale prices on the internet. Mothers erroneously believe babyliss Prothat cheap wholesale baby clothes are only available in gigantic lots, Honda Fairingsbut that really isn't true.

nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

It will not be strange if you are realize the process of producing those shoes.Belstaff Womens Jackets If you are able to understand how a pair of shoes are formed, you will not surprise about the popularity of Kobe Shoes.Onitsuka Tiger Shoes There has almost 15 processes to make a shoe. The manufacturers pay so much attention to every slight Tods Shoesdetail during the manfacturing of shoes. The entire procedure determines the ultimate attribute of shoes.Louis Vuitton On Sale

lin741852 said...

burberry tasche
chanel tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac guess soldes
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
tee shirts g star
tee shirts lacoste
tee shirts levis
sac guess
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
juicy couture bolsas
louis vuitton bolsas
sac louis vuitton>
sac prada
sac versace

Unknown said...

I am interested in cheap oakley sunglasses very much, so I concern on clearance oakley sunglasses, well, ray ban wayfarer wholesale also sounds good.

Moritz Bellingshausen said...

I am interested in http://www.christian-louboutin-saleonline.com very much, so I concern on christian-louboutin-saleonline, well, Christian louboutin, cheap christian louboutin for sale, 70% off also sounds good.

IGNOU MBA Assignments said...

nice blog, awesome pictures


By Vinay
IGNOU MBA Assignments Dec 2012

My Cmora said...

I like your work!