Sunday, April 26, 2009

Forks or Dallas?

I'm feeling MUCH more stellar today. ^__^ After I finished all my orders yesterday I was just NOT feeling it. I stayed up Friday night until 3am to finish orders (and to finish a book too lol) then woke up at 7:30 to glaze and finish jewelry pieces. Lack of sleep makes me nauseous. Chris usually drags me to bed kicking and screaming from my work station at a rather decent hour but unfortunately he is off gallivanting in the Godforsaken mountains camping. And yeah, no, I wouldn't go with him even if he paid me. Ew. Camping? :P So as usual, left to my own devices for less than 24 hours, I got myself sick. YAY! Fun times. And very typical of me. ~__^


(I go through about an average of 3 detail brushes a week and double that on Aleve. ^__^)

But anyway! My goal to take a trip to Forks, WA this summer has taken a back seat. My new goal? I WANNA BE A VENDOR @ TWICON 09!!!!!!!! *starts flailing and having a seizure* O__o I'm okay....

It's a little bit on short notice since I just found out about it yesterday (I know, you'd think I was living under a rock!). So I'm not entirely sure if it's going to happen this year. If I stop taking custom orders now (I know, *gasp* but hear me out for a moment) and save any extras I make I may be able to get enough stuff done to make a decent show. BUT a booth at the con is $750.00. O__o And despite what you may think I don't make bank. Unfortunately. Art school isn't cheap, my friends....erm....I mean art schoolZ. Plural. ^__^; But if they're having one next year then I'm DEFINITELY going. I don't care if I have to walk there with all my crap. But we'll see...and hope. Anyone going? ^__^


(I managed to finish just one extra pair of Twilight Proms this week. YAY!)

I'll also be ordering supplies in the next couple of days since I'm currently low on Swarovski pearls (they're my new obsession O__o) and Swarovski crystals in varying colors but mostly in blues. So if anyone has ANY specifics as to what materials, colors, etc you prefer PLEASE don't hesitate in letting me know. I'm more than happy to try and get whatever you like. ^__^

On another note, I won't have any updates this coming Saturday because it's specifically reserved for Myrna's giganto haul. O__o It's huge. Massive. O__o But drop by anyway because I'll be talking about it on here. Well...if she allows me. ^__^ I should ask first. lol


(Jacob Pillow Book: Team Arwroooo!!)

This has been a longtime coming. I just want to give some love to some of my fellow friends' Etsy shops because I love them all dearly. Laina, my little ninja and dearest Etsy friend, at sweetgal981 sells awesome jewelry. My favorite would have to be her Corset Line. Very fresh, very funky. You must check it out! My boyfriend's mom, Terri, at Rondinelli also sells jewelry. She's new on Etsy and calls it EtsyBetsy. LOL She's so cute. And also Heather, whom I have nicknamed CAPS because of her use of capital letters on all her messages to me, at LUCITTA. ^__^ Love you all!

Other than that...Flightless Bird, anyone? ^__^



Leaving you with sweet Prom thoughts,
Shielou

5 comments:

la loca lucca said...

OME SO YOU NOTICED...MY SIS IS ALWAYS LIKE(WHEN IM) HER WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME..I'M LIKE I'M NOT HAHHAHAAHA LOL...YEAH I DO ALL MY STUFF IN CAPS HAHAHA JUST A HABIT..BUT THATS SO FUNNY THAT YOU NOTICED...LOVE YA AND ALL YOUR STUFF IS AMAZING(I AM A LOUD CHARACTER SO IT GOES :)HEEHEE

Laina said...

Man I hear ya on the Dallas trip. It would be SOOOOOOO much fun!! Just to be a round hoards of other Twilighters! LIKE OMJ!! And to see all of the other stuff that people made would be killer!! But there's no way I could afford it, unless I win the lottery or something, which is doubtful considering I can't even buy a ticket yet O_o

Thanks for the compliments on my corset line! I really like how those pieces turned out, I should be working on some more but I've been so focused on writing lately that when it comes to anything else I've been a bum, oopsie!

That Jake pillow book is absolutely adorable! The roses just add so much to it. I really should grab one of those from you as soon as I get done paying for my haul coming up and after I get books for the summer and fall *EEK* so can you hang onto one until the middle of August? lol

I'm glad you're feeling better today! I've never heard of anyone getting sick from staying up too late, well, other than being more susceptible to colds and such because the lack of sleep drains your immune system, but who doesn't know that, right?

I'll be done now ~_^

Myrna said...

I am very glad that you feel better today!! You need your sleep!!!(It's not healthy!!)No Sleeping is like no eating sweets... 0_0 I think... lol My haul is not that huge >_> Of course you are allowed to talk about it, I don't mind ^_^ Plus, it's part of your magnificent art ^_~(weee... can't wait to see them) Hope you can go to the convention even if it has to be next year, GOOD LUCK!!! Take care!!
X♥X♥
M.

Amber said...

Etsy's down and I couldn't get your email to work so would you please send me an email? eyesofamberblog(at)gmail(dot)com. I wanted to talk to you about a custom piece. Thanks!

luv2k2p2 said...

Okay
Can I just say...if you went to
that show...all the other vendors would be sooooo sad becuase they wouldn't even be busy, you'd be all sold out in an 30 minutes or less....Phew that was quick!!!!

Seriously, they better give you a spotlight booth with flashing disco lights and trumpets blarring...the security police will be all over it because they're going to have to keep the throngs of gawkers, customers, and curious other vendors back...You're a celebrity in your own right ya know...we can all say we knew you when....hahahaha watch out Twicon...here comes Shielou
sizzle, sizzle, sizzle....
luvs ya,
Barb & Em