Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Very FIRST Mini Edward Cullen

I really want to thank all of you for your support. I'm very excited about continuing on with Shielou in 2009. It was a difficult decision but one that was easy to make. I don't think I could've made the leap without the support of my family who know first hand that the choices I make in life tend to be eccentric and unpredictable, and yet they stick by me despite their doubts and worries. I luv you guys! ^__^

I've learned A LOT in the past couple of months since I opened Shielou at Etsy. From figuring out how to work my shop to the madness that is called the United States Postal Service and the fact that everyone that works at Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann pretty much know me by now. O__o And the most I've learned about is my craft itself. Some of you may or may not have noticed the evolution of Mr. Mini Edward Cullen (aka Mr. Hot Vampire that Owns My Soul) from the very beginning to now.


But what you may not know is that there's an even more ORIGINAL Mini Edward Cullen. Oh yes. The very first Mini Edward Cullen I had ever made. EPIC FAIL. HUGE EPIC FAIL. And I laugh every time I look at him.

He's gone through some hardships. I never glazed him so his paint has chipped and gotten dirty overtime but he's pretty freakin' hilarious, don't you agree? I'm turning him into my shop's mascot so everyone can point and laugh and all the other little mini Edwards I've made can be thankful they didn't end up looking like that.


Awww, poor thing but I think that's why I'm so fond of him and never threw him away. He reminds me of a quote by Johnny Cash, he sa
id that "You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone." So he's not the brightest and prettiest crayon in the box but he's certainly one of a kind and that's what makes him uber special. And no...you can't have him. ~__^

Lotsa Luv,
Shielou

PS: I finally have an idea for my December giveaway! Hehe....more on that later. ^__^

3 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Awww. I know some of my first projects were, um, not so cute; it's a good thing we learn from experience and can look back and laugh! ;)

lilybear621 said...

Awwww! The original mini-Edward was so cute :) It is amazing the creative process it must take to make these little guys! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is always so entertaining.

Britten said...

WOw! That is amazing - the transformation! You are a master now. I can't wait to see the Edward vs. the pillow charms and all the other exciting things you have in store for 2009!

-Your biggest fan,

Britten